If you live in Houston and pain is ailing you, ask the following questions of your pain management specialist:
- Is your Neurologist or Pain Specialist Board Certified in the area of Medicine that pertains to your condition?
- What is the track record of the doctor?
- Has the doctor accumulated complaints in the Boards that regulate the practice of Medicine?
- Are there any previous ethics violations?
- What do other patients say about him/her?
- Is the support staff helpful and courteous?
- Does the pain specialist spend sufficient time with you and perform an in depth evaluation?
- Are the treatments available for pain relief sufficient varied or is the doctor using a one type of treatment for everyone?
- Has the pain specialist or Neurologist been affiliated with an academic institution such as a recognized Medical School and taught other doctors?
At St. Michaelís Pain and Spine Clinics, we pride ourselves in maintaining the highest possible standard of care. We are dedicated and strongly committed to deliver excellence in all the continuum of care for the entire spectrum of pain. From migraines to carpal tunnel syndrome to severe lower back pain, we treat each ailment using the newest and highly specialized treatment options available to you, tailored to your specific condition. We avoid surgery and use of narcotic medications whenever possible.
Please visit our service page and explore the potential options available for chronic pain treatment such as lower back pain, leg pain (or sciatica), carpal tunnel syndrome, pain in the cervical spine (neck), and arm pain. Some of these debilitating conditions can be treated with amazingly simple techniques like regenerative therapy or medications delivered to the injured area causing pain without narcotics or surgery whenever possible. Our focus is to reduce the patientsí pain promptly and effectively and help patients return to a happy and productive life style. In many instances, these goals can be achieved through minimally invasive procedures which specifically target the pain generators causing neck pain or back pain. At our Houston Pain Clinics, the procedures are researched constantly for effectiveness. Most are performed in the outpatient setting and use image guidance for accuracy and safety. With thin needles, or needle-like instruments, our doctors can target the area where the pain is thought to be originated through image guiding systems (usually fluoroscopy or CT scans) that accurately and precisely point to the disease structures causing the pain. We do everything we can to make sure the patient fully understands the treatments available to them and participate in the selection of treatment.
Miguel Pappolla MD, PhD is our chief pain management specialist. Dr Pappolla has extensive experience in treating patients suffering from chronic pain in Houston. For more information on Houston pain or back pain treatment, contact our office for an appointment at 832-448-0706 or make one on our web site.